At Vorwerk, you can.
Welcome to Vorwerk – as a Senior Embedded Software Engineer (m/f/d) Linux
In everyday life, we are facing challenges every day. How to master them, we show with our innovative and high-quality household appliances. Corresponding to that the Vorwerk team offers you a high potential. Are you looking for a multi-faced job in which you can develop? Do you think strategically and are you forward-looking? Do you want to make the difference? Our software department offers you the opportunity to help shape Vorwerk's future.
We are a dynamic and internationally successful group. We over our employees a creative and cooperative working environment and social protection in every stage of life. We promote the compatibility of family life and professional career, with grants for childcare and other benefits. Our time value accounts enable you to plan your individual life parallel to your career at Vorwerk. Our company health management includes fitness offers as well as support in difficult life situations. Our corporate pension plan takes care of a long-term and solid protection. All this meets your expectations? Then we look forward to getting to know you.
More @ vorwerk.com
- Prepare feasibility studies and technical concepts including first demonstrators
- Strong collaboration with our hardware development department and suppliers to define target platforms and to perform related board bring-ups
- Maintain and improve kernel drivers and modules in order to optimize the performance and stability of our existing systems
- Capable to look deeply into technical issues in order to implement a solution
- Provide technical expertise and guidance for other developers
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Embedded Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Several years of professional career experience
- Highly expereienced with Driver development for Linux based embedded systems (kernel and user space
- Knowledge of bootloader / bootstrapping mechanism (u-boot)
- Familiar with kernel debugging techniques (kernel traces, kdb / kgdb, ..)
- Experienced with early board bring-up's including low level debugging (JTAG, oscilloscope, ...)
- Having a background to work with YOCTO based systems is appreciated
- Know-how in security for embedded systems like encryption and separation is a plus