At Vorwerk, you can.
Welcome to Vorwerk – as Senior Manager Digital Lifecycle Management & TransitionLife is full of contradictions. We prove that these can be perfectly united, not only with our innovative products, but also with exciting opportunities in marketing and sales. We give our employees the freedom for dynamic development while also placing value on their work-life balance.
We are an international, family-owned company offering to our employees and sales advisors a wide variety of prospects. The successful direct sales concept, fascinating well-known brands as well as long-term perspectives form perfect conditions for dedicated people to take the opportunity to actively shape their future with us.
Vorwerk International Strecker & Co. belongs to the German family-owned company Vorwerk that has been operating in Wuppertal for more than 130 years. From the strategic head offices in Freienbach, the Kobold and Thermomix divisions are managed.
More @ vorwerk.com
- Drive the design, implementation, and evolution of the DevOps pipeline, in particular the delivery pipelines from the CI/CD perspective
- Manage and appropriately escalate delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes associated to the DevOps initiatives
- Assign and monitor work of technical personnel, ensuring that application development and deployment is done in the best possible way, by implementing quality control and review systems throughout the development & deployment processes
- Evaluate technological choices by querying providers and providing evaluations of each solution including ROI for present and future implications, limitations, and opportunities
- Lead and oversee implementation and deployment planning, system integration, ongoing data validation processes, quality assurance, delivery, operations, and sustainability of technical solutions
- Provide process improvement recommendations based on best practices and industry standards
- Exercise broadly delegated authority for planning, directing, coordinating, administering, and executing both routine and complex technical elements of technical operations
- Complex technical management and coordination of multiple suppliers with multi-location teams
- Masters degree in computer science, or a related technical field involving coding
- 5 years of software engineering or related experience
- Very strong knowledge of DevOps tools and solutions (including configuration management and monitoring) like Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Docker, uDeploy, Jenkins, AppDynamics, Splunk, Elasticsearch, Kubernetes
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure cloud Solutions such as Amazon Cloud (AWS, EC2) and VMware
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals and administration
- Experience with Windows operating systems administration and Management
- Experience in designing and implementing a multi-customer monitoring and reporting infrastructure with tools like Prometheus, Grafana, Kibana
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Hands-on experience with Test Automation Tools
- Fluent written and spoken English, German very beneficial
- Willingness to travel frequently in Europe (mainly Europe)
- Highly motivated, results oriented and strong team player