At Vorwerk, you can.
Welcome to Vorwerk – as A Build Engineer (m/f/d)In everyday life, we are facing challenges every day. How to master them, we show with our innovative and high-quality household appliances. Corresponding to that the Vorwerk team offers you a high potential. Are you looking for a multi-faced job in which you can develop? Do you think strategically and are you forward-looking? Do you want to make the difference? Our Software Department offers you the opportunity to help shape Vorwerk's future.
We are a dynamic and internationally successful group. We over our employees a creative and cooperative working environment and social protection in every stage of life. We promote the compatibility of family life and professional career, with grants for childcare and other benefits. Our time value accounts enable you to plan your individual life parallel to your career at Vorwerk. Our company health management includes fitness offers as well as support in difficult life situations. Our corporate pension plan takes care of a long-term and solid protection. All this meets your expectations? Then we look forward to getting to know you.
More @ vorwerk.com
- Design, build and maintain a toolchain to improve the development life cycle
- Help build and scale our development environment as engineering teams grow
- Support build prototypes using new technologies for different platforms (Windows, Linux, MacOS) and target architectures (ARM, x86)
- Investigate, discuss and propose new engineering productivity practices and tools
- Maintenance and improvement of the CI system (Jenkins)
- Support of and cooperation with the SW development team
- Work self-responsibly within a team of experts
- Degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or similar education in SW development
- Interest and knowledge with regard to software implementation processes, especially build systems (e.g. Yocto), continuous integration (CI), and change/release management
- Experience from user and contributer perspective in open source tools and frameworks for SW development (e.g. compilers, profilers, debuggers)
- Experience with container technologies, e.g. Docker
- Knowledge in the area of embedded operating systems, e.g. Linux or RTOS
- First working experience is a plus
- Conceptual skills, analytic and accurate proceeding
- Good command of English